For a while Bob Brown was the only Australian Green in Parliament House, but from 1 July, 2011 there will be ten Australian Greens representing every state in Australia and the more than 1.6 million Australians who voted for the Greens in 2010.
The Australian Greens are your voice inside Parliament House and when important events are unfolding or if there is a critical issue that is being ignored by the media or the other parties, we want to write to you directly to keep you informed and to participate.
Sign up above to get the inside info from your GreensMPs, straight from the halls of Parliament.
The Greens think long-term and we have great new ideas – like easy access to dental care for all Australians. We are a cohesive team and the most stable party in this Parliament. It's an exciting time in Australian politics and we created this video to share this important moment with you.
Because of support from you, as well as hundreds of thousands of other Australians like you, the Greens are in Parliament advocating:
- the compassionate treatment of asylum seekers;
- getting a fairer share from the mining boom for all Australians;
- bringing our troops home from Afghanistan;
- ending the cruel practice of live animal exports;
- legislating for marriage equality; and
- negotiating a path from an old polluting economy to a new, smarter, clean energy economy.
Already on our mailing list? You can help by sharing this video with your friends and followers.